As we value collaboration, transparency and helping each other out, we want Marketing Unicorn to act as a platform for our community. This is why Marketing Unicorn is accepting guest posts from contributing authors, so you too can share your knowledge and that we can learn from each other also.
Community is a massive aspect of what we do here at Marketing Unicorn. It’s the reason why we started this marketing publication – to enable marketing professionals to become unicorns in their own field.
In this post, we’ll be outlining our guest blogging guidelines. If you’re up to writing a fantastic guest post for Marketing Unicorn – then keep reading, as we’ll tell you how you can get published here.
The value of guest blogging
But first, you’re probably wondering why guest post for Marketing Unicorn?
Guest blogging is the most effective way of promoting yourself and your business online. Not only that, but it also builds trust and credibility when people see your name on multiple websites. You’ll also expand your reach, which leads to more visitors clicking to your website that helps increase your brand awareness.
And to top it all off – it’s a great way to network and connect with new people and share your knowledge to a broader audience.
What we’re looking for?
We’ll be honest here. We won’t be publishing everything you send us, and we want to maintain a set of standards to ensure editorial quality.
In essence, we’re looking for guest posts that are useful, actionable and valuable for our readers!
At Marketing Unicorn we’ll be focusing on the following topics:
- Conversion rate optimization
- Data and analytics
- Search engine optimization
- PPC – Search and social media ads
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
Essentially, we’re happy to receive proposals about any marketing-related topic that helps our community optimise their marketing activities.
However, please remember to follow our quality guidelines here:
- Well written and unique – we hate duplicate content and so does Google
- At least 1000 words – just like a good burger needs beef, so does your post.
- Credit to media, images, quotes and statistics is a must!
- Nothing self-promotional – You’ll have an area at the top and bottom of the post to present yourself, including a link to your website.
What makes a fantastic blog post?
So what makes a great blog post? Below you’ll find the essentials of writing a killer guest post:
- An eye-catching headline
- A seductive first paragraph
- Short sentences (one thought per sentence)
- Short paragraphs (one idea per paragraph)
- Simple and easy-to-understand words. There’s no extra credit for fancy words.
- Write naturally. Just like we would be having a conversation in person
- Use lists and numbers to improve readability (also works miracles for social media sharing)
- Include as many examples and statistics as you can to back up your ideas
Before writing your guest article for Marketing Unicorn. We highly recommend you send us your post’s headline and an outline.
We would hate for you to waste your time writing a full-fledged article that doesn’t get published.
Our recommendation is to devote about 15 minutes developing a headline and your outline and send then it over to editorial [at] marketingunicorn [dot] eu
Once we receive your proposal, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible with feedback. When you’re given the green light – it’s time to get writing your guest post.